Tips for Preparing your Home For Sale
- Tidy up the grounds, porches, and garage. Keep the lawn trimmed and edged. Make sure that your yard is clean. First impressions count!
- Your front door adds to that first impression--be sure it is scrubbed or repainted if necessary.
- Wash windows and clean/dust window coverings.
- If any decorating or painting is needed (especially in the kitchen), do it now! Twenty dollars worth of paint will make a much larger difference in the sale price.
- Bathrooms help sell homes. Make this room sparkle.
- Illumination is like a welcome sign. Replace bulbs and turn on the lights.
- Wash dishes, make beds, put away clothes and straighten up.
- Keep pets out of the way during showings -- many people are allergic.
- Leave the showing to the Realtor. The Realtor knows the buyer's requirements and can best emphasize the features of your home. If possible, leave the house during a showing.
- Don't discuss anything about the sale with a potential customer. Let me discuss price, terms, possession and other items concerning the sale. I am qualified to bring negotiations to a favourable conclusion.
- Never apologize for appearance, it either distracts or accentuates the problem.
- Pack away valuables; store extra furniture, knick-knacks, and medicines.
Look at your home objectively. Pretend you are seeing it for the first time, through a buyer's eyes. Call or email me for recommendations on how to stage the property for presentation to prospective buyers. That is part of my expertise. I will be happy to walk through your home with you and help you "set the stage"
Remember, my goal is to help you sell your home for the most amount of money, in the shortest period of time, with the least amount of inconvenience to you.
We only have one chance to make that good first impression!
CHRIS SENEY, Realtor
When You Want it SOLD!
Royal LePage RCR Realty
17360 Yonge Street, Newmarket
email@example.com 905-836-1212 or 905-717-1988